Synonyms and Antonyms of nervous
- He was nervous about how he would do at the varsity basketball tryouts.
keyed up, on edge, on pins and needles, on tenterhooks
- A nervous silence filled the room as the teacher handed out the graded exams.
- A nervous sort of person, she's completely thrown by anything unexpected.
Synonym Discussion of nervous
- as vigorous as a youth half his age
- an energetic campaigner
- the strenuous life on an oil rig
- a lusty appetite for life
- full of nervous energy
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up nervous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).