Synonyms and Antonyms of dictatorial
- a dictatorial leader with total control over people's lives
- It's no surprise that the dictatorial manager is highly unpopular among employees.
arrogant, assumptive, disdainful, fastuous, haughty, highfalutin (also hifalutin), high-and-mighty, high-hat, huffy, important, lofty, lordly, overweening, presuming, presumptuous, pretentious, proud, self-asserting, supercilious, superior, toplofty (also toploftical), uppish, uppity
- Even the teachers chafed under the dictatorial rule of the principal.
Synonym Discussion of dictatorial
- exercised dictatorial control over the office
- the magisterial tone of his pronouncements
- dogmatic about what is art and what is not
- a doctrinaire approach to improving the economy
- a designer who is the oracular voice of fashion
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up dictatorial? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).