Synonyms and Antonyms of overbearing
- the overbearing problem in our nation's schools
- The doctor's overbearing attitude is resented by nurses and patients alike.
arrogant, assumptive, disdainful, fastuous, haughty, highfalutin (also hifalutin), high-and-mighty, high-hat, huffy, important, lofty, lordly, overweening, presuming, presumptuous, pretentious, proud, self-asserting, supercilious, superior, toplofty (also toploftical), uppish, uppity
Synonym Discussion of overbearing
- too proud to take charity
- a conceited and arrogant executive
- a haughty aristocrat
- a lordly condescension
- ignored by an insolent waiter
- an overbearing supervisor
- an aloof and supercilious manner
- disdainful of their social inferiors
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up overbearing? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).