Synonyms and Antonyms of self-assertive
- We need to hire self-assertive salespeople who don't require constant supervision.
- We chose a less self-assertive and more self-effacing applicant.
arrogant, bumptious, cavalier, chesty, haughty, high-and-mighty, high-handed, high-hat, highfalutin (also hifalutin), huffish, huffy, imperious, important, lofty, lordly, masterful, overweening, peremptory, pompous, presuming, presumptuous, pretentious, self-asserting, sniffy, supercilious, superior, uppish, uppity
complacent, conceited, egocentric, egoistic (also egoistical), egotistic (or egotistical), narcissistic, prideful, proud, self-affected, self-applauding, self-centered, self-complacent, self-conceited, self-pleased, self-satisfied, smug, stuck-up
Synonym Discussion of self-assertive
- aggressive in his business dealings
- militant protesters rallied against the new law
- the more assertive speakers dominated the forum
- a self-assertive young upstart
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up self-assertive? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).