Synonyms and Antonyms of doctrinaire
- A doctrinaire conservative, the columnist takes special delight in baiting liberals.
Synonym Discussion of doctrinaire
- exercised dictatorial control over the office
- the magisterial tone of his pronouncements
- dogmatic about what is art and what is not
- a doctrinaire approach to improving the economy
- a designer who is the oracular voice of fashion
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up doctrinaire? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).