Synonyms and Antonyms of table
a leg-mounted piece of furniture with a broad flat top designed for the serving of food
- We sat at the kitchen table, playing cards for hours on end.
food eaten or prepared for eating at one time
- always offers a well-prepared table for his guests
breakfast, buffet, collation, dinner, lunch, luncheon, refreshments, smorgasbord, snack, supper, tea
banquet, feast, regale, spread
bake, barbecue (also barbeque), clambake, cookout, fry, luau, picnic, potluck, roast
a broad flat area of elevated land
- The area between the two canyons forms one broad table.
a record of a series of items (as names or titles) usually arranged according to some system
- the periodic table of chemical elements
canon, catalog (or catalogue), checklist, list, listing, menu, register, registry, roll, roll call, roster, schedule
agenda, bibliography, compendium, compilation, directory, docket, enumeration, glossary, index, inventory, manifest, payroll
calendar, chronology, timetable
substances intended to be eaten
- The table that the innkeeper set out each morning made for a bountiful breakfast indeed.
bread, chow, chuck [chiefly West], comestibles, eatables, eats, edibles, fare, food, foodstuffs, grub, meat, provender, provisions, viands, victuals, vittles
commissary, rations, supplies
diet, nourishment, nurture, sustenance
ensilage, feed, fodder, forage, silage, slop, swill
feast, meal, refreshments, regale, repast, spread
dish, plate, platter, serving
finger food, natural food