Synonyms and Antonyms of life
a history of a person's life
- a renowned historian who has written lives of several early presidents
a member of the human race
- An appalling number of lives were lost in the war.
being, bird, body, character, creature, customer, devil, duck, egg, face, fish, guy, head, human, human being, individual, man, mortal, party, person, personage, scout, sort, soul, specimen, stiff, thing, wight
active strength of body or mind
- Even though he's 86 years old, he still shows a lot of life.
beans, bounce, brio, dash, drive, dynamism, energy, esprit, gas, get-up-and-go, ginger, go, gusto, hardihood, moxie, oomph, pep, punch, sap, snap, starch, verve, vigor, vim, vinegar, vitality, zing, zip
animal spirits, animation, briskness, jauntiness, liveliness, snappiness, spirit, spiritedness, sprightliness, spunk, spunkiness, vibrance, vibrancy, vivaciousness, vivacity
ardor, élan, fervor, fire, passion, zeal
main, metal, mettle, might, muscle, potency, power, puissance, stamina, strength
brawniness, fitness, hardiness, huskiness, sturdiness, virility
health, healthiness, soundness, verdure, wellness
debilitation, debility, delicacy, disablement, enfeeblement, faintness, feebleness, frailness, frailty, impotence, impotency, infirmity, powerlessness, puniness, slightness, softness, tenderness, weakness
enervation, exhaustion, inanition, prostration
the period during which something exists, lasts, or is in progress
- The Egyptian civilization had an extremely long life.
the way people live at a particular time and place
- Frontier life must have been rugged, exciting, challenging, and more than a little dangerous.