Synonyms and Antonyms of man
an adult male human being
- Several men will be needed to dig up the old tree stump in the backyard.
buck, dude, fella, fellow, gent, gentleman, guy, hombre, joker, lad, male
a male romantic companion
- Who's the new man in your life?
admirer, crush, steady
beloved, darling, dear, favorite, flame, honey, love, lover, significant other, soul mate, squeeze [slang], sweet, sweetheart, sweetie, sweetie pie, valentine
fancy man, gigolo
a member of the human race
- Every man has a responsibility to safeguard the planet.
being, bird, body, character, creature, customer, devil, duck, egg, face, fish, guy, head, human, human being, individual, life, mortal, party, person, personage, scout, sort, soul, specimen, stiff, thing, wight
the human race
- found evidence of early man in the valley
a male partner in a marriage
- I now pronounce you man and wife.