Synonyms and Antonyms of jack
something (as pieces of stamped metal or printed paper) customarily and legally used as a medium of exchange, a measure of value, or a means of payment
- I'd buy that watch, but I don't have the jack right now.
bread [slang], bucks, cash, change, chips, coin, currency, dough, gold, green, legal tender, lucre, money, pelf, tender, wampum
paper money, scrip
banknote, cashier's check, check, draft, money order, note, promissory note
bill, dollar, greenback
bankroll, capital, finances, funds, wad, wallet
mite, peanuts, pittance, shoestring
bundle, fortune, king's ransom, mint, pile, pot
opulence, riches, treasure, wealth
petty cash, pin money, pocket money, spending money
a piece of cloth with a special design that is used as an emblem or for signaling
- a Portuguese ship flying the national jack
one who operates or navigates a seagoing vessel
- a group of jacks returning to their ship
gob, hearty, jack-tar, mariner, navigator, sailor, salt, sea dog, seafarer, seaman, shipman, swab, tar
the total of the bets at stake at one time
- Tension was mounting as the jack was getting bigger by the minute.
a person whose job is to cut down trees
- We'll need to hire more jacks to get this stand cut before winter.