Synonyms & Antonyms of backbreaking
requiring considerable physical or mental effort
- modern machinery has significantly eased the backbreaking work of farming
Synonyms for backbreaking
Words Related to backbreaking
- (also problematical),
Near Antonyms for backbreaking
Antonyms for backbreaking
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game