Synonyms and Antonyms of immediate
done or occurring without any noticeable lapse in time
- I felt immediate relief after taking the painkiller.
done or working without something else coming in between
- She is my immediate superior, so I report to her.
done, carried out, or given without delay
- Immediate treatment saved the victim of the massive heart attack.
not being distant in time, space, or significance
- The effect of the change won't be known in the immediate future.
abutting, adjacent, adjoining, bordering, contiguous
approaching, coming, forthcoming, oncoming, upcoming
accessible, convenient, handy
existing or in progress right now
- We need to solve the immediate problems before working on the more long-term ones.
contemporary, modern, modernistic, new, newfangled, new-fashioned, recent, red-hot, space-age, ultramodern, up-to-date
breathing, existent, living
coming, future, unborn
completed, concluded, done, ended, finished, over, terminated, through, up
ancient, antediluvian, antiquated, antique, archaic, dated, fusty, musty, obsolete, old, oldfangled, old-fashioned, old-time, out-of-date, outworn, passé
bygone, erstwhile, former, past