Synonyms and Antonyms of absent
- The city's usual stir of activity was conspicuously absent due to the report of an escaped lion from the zoo.
- seemed absent when I told him you were coming because he nodded but didn't say anything
Synonym Discussion of absent
- walking about with an abstracted air
- too preoccupied with her debts to enjoy the meal
- an absent stare
- so absentminded, he's been known to wear mismatched shoes
- was too distracted by grief to continue working
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up absent? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).