Synonyms and Antonyms of distracted
- She's been distracted about her son ever since he left on that polar expedition.
- The distracted driver rear-ended the pickup truck that had stopped for the red light.
- Even after two days, he was still distracted by the jet lag.
at sea, out of it
Synonym Discussion of distracted
- walking about with an abstracted air
- too preoccupied with her debts to enjoy the meal
- an absent stare
- so absentminded, he's been known to wear mismatched shoes
- was too distracted by grief to continue working
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up distracted? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).