Synonyms and Antonyms of jovial
- The trip to the amusement park put everyone in a jovial mood.
blessed (also blest), blissful, delighted, ecstatic, elated, enraptured, entranced, euphoric, exhilarated, exuberant, exultant, gladsome, happy, high, joyful, joyous, jubilant, overjoyed, radiant, rapturous, ravished, thrilled, tickled
abject, aggrieved, anguished, blue, brokenhearted, crestfallen, dejected, depressed, despondent, disconsolate, disheartened, dispirited, downcast, downhearted, forlorn, glum, heartbroken, heartsick, heavyhearted, low-spirited, melancholy, sad, saddened, sorrowful, unhappy
Synonym Discussion of jovial
- a merry group of revelers
- arrived late in his usual blithe way
- singing, dancing, and jocund feasting
- dinner put them in a jovial mood
- our jolly host enlivened the party
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up jovial? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).