present tense third-person singular of joust
Synonyms & Antonyms of jousts
See the Dictionary Definition
of knights in the Middle Ages to engage in battle on horseback with lances
- The knights jousted against each other.
Synonyms and Near Synonyms for jousts
Antonyms and Near Antonyms for jousts
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game