Synonyms and Antonyms of event
- Dinnertime was devoted to talking over the day's events.
- Figure skating is usually one of the most popular events in the winter Olympics.
- The mayor's evenings are often tied up with one event after another.
Synonym Discussion of event
- an encounter that was a chance occurrence
- the events following the assassination
- a minor wartime incident
- a brief romantic episode in a life devoted to work
- couldn't recall the exact circumstances
Learn More about event
See words that rhyme with event Dictionary: Definition of event Medical Dictionary: Definition of event Spanish Central: Translation of event Nglish: Translation of event for Spanish speakers Britannica English: Translation of event for Arabic speakers Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about event
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up event? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).