Synonyms and Antonyms of circumstance
- The condemned traitor seemed indifferent to his circumstance.
- Due to unexpected circumstances, the test will be postponed.
- I was a victim of circumstance, for nothing that I could have done would have made a difference.
Synonym Discussion of circumstance
- an encounter that was a chance occurrence
- the events following the assassination
- a minor wartime incident
- a brief romantic episode in a life devoted to work
- couldn't recall the exact circumstances
Learn More about circumstance
See words that rhyme with circumstance Dictionary: Definition of circumstance Spanish Central: Translation of circumstance Nglish: Translation of circumstance for Spanish speakers Britannica English: Translation of circumstance for Arabic speakers Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about circumstance
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up circumstance? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).