show (someone) the dooridiom
Definition of show (someone) the door
: to tell or force (someone) to leave We don't tolerate bad behavior. If you cause trouble, we'll show you the door. If the coach doesn't win this year, they'll show him the door.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?