show (someone) roundphrasal verb
showed (someone) round; shown (someone) round or showed (someone) round; showing (someone) round; shows (someone) round
Definition of show (someone) round
: to act as a guide for (someone who is visiting a place) : to lead (someone) around a place and point to and talk about the interesting or important things She showed us round (the city). You've never been to my house before. Let me show you round.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?