Synonyms and Antonyms of ascetic
- He committed to having an ascetic existence during his rehab.
- an ascetic diet of rice and beans
adamant, adamantine, callous, hardened, hard-hearted, hard-line, immovable, implacable, inflexible, merciless, ossified, pitiless, relentless, rock-ribbed, stiff, unbending, uncompromising, unrelenting, unsparing, unyielding
Synonym Discussion of ascetic
- severe military discipline
- stern arbiters of public morality
- living an austere life in the country
- the ascetic life of the monks
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up ascetic? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).