Synonyms and Antonyms of marry
to perform the ceremony of marriage for
- They chose a priest who was a family friend to marry them.
to give in marriage
- Once they marry off me and my siblings, my parents are selling their house.
to take as a spouse
- He married his girlfriend three years ago, and they've been happy ever since.
to take a spouse
- She had always believed she would never marry, but fate proved her wrong.
to come together to form a single unit
- Cheese and tomatoes marry especially well.
associate, coalesce, combine, conjoin, conjugate, connect, couple, fuse, interfuse, join, link (up), unify, unite
ally, confederate, league
chain, compound, hitch, hook, splice
assemble, cluster, congregate, convene, gather, meet
recombine, reconnect, rejoin, reunify, reunite
detach, disaffiliate, disconnect, disjoin, disjoint, dissociate, disunite, divide, divorce, fractionate, isolate, resolve, uncouple, unyoke
disband, disperse, scatter