- posted a 70 in the final round
Origin and Etymology of post
- guards were posted at the doors
- posting the colors
- O'Brien claims city cops roughed him up and refused to let him post bond.
- —Jeffrey Ressner
Origin and Etymology of post-
POST Defined for English Language Learners
: after or later than
POST Defined for Kids
- A storm warning was posted for our area.
- Officials posted the trout stream.
- Laurie meanwhile posted off to comfort Amy …
- —Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
- Keep me posted.
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up post? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).