variants: or less commonly postracial
Definition of post-racial
: having overcome or moved beyond racism : having reached a stage or time at which racial prejudice no longer exists or is no longer a major social problem And for all of the positive impact that Obama's presidency had on black people, it still could not make America the post-racial society many thought it would be after Obama's election.— Kevin Cokley
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game