Definition of post-Freudian
: following the introduction and widespread recognition of the psychoanalytic theories and practices of Sigmund Freud post-Freudian psychoanalysis The Switch squeezes fresh laughs out of what is, in essence, a rather startlingly post-Freudian … view of child development.— Owen Glieberman Caravaggio frequently painted himself into his works, often behind a patina of self-loathing, at least to post-Freudian eyes.— Bruce Handy
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game