:an object used as a counter in determining a question by chance
:the use of lots as a means of deciding something
- One was chosen by lot to represent the group.
:the resulting choice
:something that comes to one upon whom a lot has fallen :share
- The will provided for equal lots for all the children.
:one's way of life or worldly fate :fortune
- the lot of man, to suffer and to die
- —Alexander Pope
:a portion of land
:a measured parcel of land having fixed boundaries and designated on a plot or survey
- built his home on a half-acre lot
:a motion-picture studio and its adjoining property
:an establishment for the storage or sale of motor vehicles
:a number of units of an article, a single article, or a parcel of articles offered as one item (as in an auction sale)
- Lot 45 is a dining room set.
:all the members of a present group, kind, or quantity
—usually used with the
- sampled the whole lot of desserts
:a number of associated persons :set
- The recruits were a sorry lot.
:a considerable quantity or extent
all over the lot
:covering a wide or varied range
- received bids all over the lot
:to a considerable degree or extent