Definition of blot
- hastily blotted her letter
- blotting up spilled water
Examples of blot in a Sentence
Don't rub the wine stain. Blot it dry with a paper towel.
Blot your lipstick with a tissue.
BLOT Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of blot for English Language Learners
: to dry (something, such as wet ink) by pressing a piece of cloth or paper over it
BLOT Defined for Kids
Definition of blot for Students
- Clouds blotted out the sun.
- No apology could blot out what I had said …
- —Robert Louis Stevenson, Kidnapped
medical Definition of blot
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up blot? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).