scot and lotnoun
Definition of scot and lot
1 : a parish assessment formerly laid on subjects in Great Britain according to their ability to pay
2 : obligations of all kinds taken as a whole
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game