: to join as a partner, friend, or companion
- They were closely associated with each other during the war.
: to join or connect together : combine
- particles of gold associated with heavy minerals
: to bring together or into relationship in any of various intangible ways (as in memory or imagination)
- She will always associate that place with her youth.
: to keep company with : attend
: to come or be together as partners, friends, or companions
- was accused of associating with known criminals
: to combine or join with other parts : unite
- Protons, neutrons, and electrons associate together to form atoms.