Definition of associated
1 : joined together often in a working relationship On April 29, 2016, the Firm completed the spin-off of Quorum Health Corporation ("QHC"), comprised of 38 associated hospitals and related outpatient services in 16 states …— Mack Mortenson
2 : related, connected, or combined together a computer terminal and its associated printer The Two Arms Curl develops the arm flexors … and associated muscle groups.— Philip J. Rasch
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game