Definition of accumulated
: gathered, collected, or amassed over a period of time a layer of accumulated dirt/dust … his accumulated savings are sufficient to enable him to purchase another property …— A. F. Millington Just what is an earthquake? It is the shaking that occurs when a slowly accumulated strain in the Earth's crust is suddenly released …— Richard L. Williams Stock prices at any given moment fully reflect the accumulated wisdom of knowledgeable investors.— John J. Curran
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game