:to join as a partner, friend, or companion
- They were closely associated with each other during the war.
:to join or connect together :combine
- particles of gold associated with heavy minerals
:to bring together or into relationship in any of various intangible ways (as in memory or imagination)
- She will always associate that place with her youth.
:to keep company with :attend
:to come or be together as partners, friends, or companions
- was accused of associating with known criminals
:to combine or join with other parts :unite
- Protons, neutrons, and electrons associate together to form atoms.