Synonyms and Antonyms of shot
a directed propelling of a missile by a firearm or artillery piece
- Cannon operators often had to use several shots to figure out the range of their targets.
barrage, blitz, blitzkrieg, bombardment, broadside, burst, cannonade, fusillade, hail, salvo, shower, storm, volley
an effort to do or accomplish something
- Let's take another shot at the puzzle.
attempt, bid, crack, endeavor, essay, fling, go, offer, pass, stab, trial, try, whack, whirl
a picture created from an image recorded on a light-sensitive surface by a camera
- Ed took a shot of his family for the scrapbook.
a person skilled in shooting at a target
- a soldier who's an excellent shot with a rifle
the portion of a serving of a beverage that is swallowed at one time
- woke herself up with a shot of espresso
belt, draft, drag, drink, gulp, nip, quaff, sip, slug, snort, sup, swallow, swig, swill
an opinion or judgment based on little or no evidence
- I have no idea what's different about you, but I'll take a shot: you cut your hair?
a favorable combination of circumstances, time, and place
- We have a real shot at getting into the championship if we win this next match.