past tense of retake
Synonyms & Antonyms of retook
See the Dictionary Definition
to get again in one's possession
- after some fierce fighting, government forces have retaken the capital
Synonyms for retook
Words Related to retook
Near Antonyms for retook
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game