Synonyms and Antonyms of confidence
- a lifelong confidence that enabled her to achieve great things despite powerful obstacles
cockiness, complacence, complacency, conceit, conceitedness, ego, egoism, egotism, hubris, overconfidence, pomposity, pompousness, pride, pridefulness, self-admiration, self-applause, self-assumption, self-complacency, self-conceit, self-consequence, self-content, self-contentment, self-glorification, self-importance, self-opinion, self-partiality, self-satisfaction, smugness, vaingloriousness, vainglory, vanity
- the confidence with which the game show contestant answered every question
- As players, we have complete confidence in our coach.
Synonym Discussion of confidence
- the confidence that comes from long experience
- handled the cross-examination with complete assurance
- answered the insolent question with complete self-possession
- handled the reporters with great aplomb
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up confidence? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).