Synonyms and Antonyms of aplomb
- You've handled a difficult situation with perfect aplomb.
- carried herself with the dignity and aplomb of a born leader
cockiness, complacence, complacency, conceit, conceitedness, ego, egoism, egotism, hubris, overconfidence, pomposity, pompousness, pride, pridefulness, self-admiration, self-applause, self-assumption, self-complacency, self-conceit, self-consequence, self-content, self-contentment, self-glorification, self-importance, self-opinion, self-partiality, self-satisfaction, smugness, vaingloriousness, vainglory, vanity
Synonym Discussion of aplomb
- the confidence that comes from long experience
- handled the cross-examination with complete assurance
- answered the insolent question with complete self-possession
- handled the reporters with great aplomb
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up aplomb? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).