Synonyms and Antonyms of solicitude
- a growing solicitude over the possible results of the criminal investigation
alarm (also alarum), anguish, consternation, desperateness, desperation, discomfort, discomposure, dismay, distraction, distress, disturbance, edginess, hand-wringing, jitters, jumpiness, panic, tremor
- She shows much more solicitude toward her aging parents than any of her siblings do.
Synonym Discussion of solicitude
- a face worn by years of care
- crimes caused concern in the neighborhood
- acted with typical maternal solicitude
- plagued by anxiety and self-doubt
- financial worries
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up solicitude? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).