Synonyms and Antonyms of anxiety
- Dorothy's anxiety about her brother's operation kept her awake all night.
alarm (also alarum), anguish, consternation, desperateness, desperation, discomfort, discomposure, dismay, distraction, distress, disturbance, edginess, hand-wringing, jitters, jumpiness, panic, tremor
- The newly discovered virus is creating considerable anxiety in the public at large.
Synonym Discussion of anxiety
- a face worn by years of care
- crimes caused concern in the neighborhood
- acted with typical maternal solicitude
- plagued by anxiety and self-doubt
- financial worries
Learn More about anxiety
See words that rhyme with anxiety Dictionary: Definition of anxiety Medical Dictionary: Definition of anxiety Spanish Central: Translation of anxiety Nglish: Translation of anxiety for Spanish speakers Britannica English: Translation of anxiety for Arabic speakers Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about anxiety
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up anxiety? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).