Synonyms & Antonyms of hauteur
an exaggerated sense of one's importance that shows itself in the making of excessive or unjustified claims
- she looked at him with the hauteur of someone who is accustomed to being instantly obeyed
Synonyms for hauteur
- high horse,
- (or pretence),
Words Related to hauteur
- [chiefly British],
- swelled head,
Near Antonyms for hauteur
Antonyms for hauteur
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game