:of great strength
- Sir Launcelot was big and strong again.
- —Thomas Malory
:large or great in dimensions, bulk, or extent ;
:large or great in quantity, number, or amount
:operating on a large scale
:nearly ready to give birth
of the voice
:full and resonant
:outstandingly worthy or able
:of great importance or significance
:more advanced in age :older :more mature
- His teachers all told me he was excited about riding the bus, feeling like a big boy now.
- —Laurie Frey
:filled with or characterized by enthusiasm and interest
:active and enthusiastic
- I'm a big fan of soy foods but urge you to choose them wisely.
- —Andrew Weil
- My mother is a big baker, and so was my grandmother …
- —Melissa Parks
- I'm not a big shopper, so for me to actually like a store is really saying something.
- —Matt Cameron
:expressed in an enthusiastic or unrestrained way :hearty
- greeted me with a big hug
- soft drinks are very big in Mexico
- —Russ Leadabrand
:full-bodied and flavorful
—used of wine
:strongly favoring or liking;
- she is big on blushing
- —Arnold Hano