Definition of big rig
: a large truck with an attached trailer that is used for hauling freight : semitrailer Five blocks of loading docks are packed with big rigs wheel to wheel, and through the night, buyers haggle … as forklifts tote tons of fruit and vegetables in and out of the warehouses.— Jane and Michael Stern, Gourmet, September 2000 … your windshield has been broken at least once, by one of the rocks flying out from under the big rigs.— Nancy Gibbs, Time, 11 June 2001
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game