Synonyms and Antonyms of sink
- His fortunes have steadily sunk since his business failed.
go to pot, go to seed (or run to seed)
- I had just bought a bundle of shares of the stock when its price sank like a rock.
- That evening we sat on the beach, dreamily watching the sun sink beneath the horizon.
drop out of sight
- The slightest nick will sink the price of a piece of Tiffany glass.
- The revelation that he has been lying for years definitely sinks him in my opinion.
- The road sinks abruptly after that curve.
- The old woman only sunk further after she was moved to the nursing home.
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up sink? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).