variants: or imperilled
past tense of imperil
Synonyms & Antonyms of imperiled
See the Dictionary Definition
to place in danger
- a single mistake could imperil the lives of everyone involved in the military operation
Synonyms for imperiled
Words Related to imperiled
Near Antonyms for imperiled
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game