Synonyms & Antonyms of sepulchral
See the Dictionary Definition
causing or marked by an atmosphere lacking in cheer
- the decrepit mansion had a sepulchral tone that gave everyone a chill
Synonyms for sepulchral
- [chiefly Scottish],
- (also elegiacal),
- (also grey),
- (or sombre),
Words Related to sepulchral
Near Antonyms for sepulchral
Antonyms for sepulchral
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- What Puts the 'Tide' in ‘Yuletide'?
- 13 Breakfast Foods That Are Also Verbs
- The Declassified History of 'Security Blanket'
- If You Like to Complain About 'Decimate'...
Ask the Editors