Synonyms and Antonyms of sycophant
- When her career was riding high, the self-deluded actress often mistook sycophants for true friends.
Synonym Discussion of sycophant
- a jet-setter with an entourage of parasites
- a powerful prince surrounded by sycophants
- cultivated leaders of society and became their toady
- a leech living off his family and friends
- a shiftless sponge, always looking for a handout
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up sycophant? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).