Synonyms & Antonyms of zealot
one who is intensely or excessively devoted to a cause
- zealots on both sides of the issue resorted to name-calling and scare tactics
Synonyms for zealot
Words Related to zealot
- (also afficionado),
- (also habitue),
- (also junky),
- (also mavin),
Near Antonyms for zealot
Antonyms for zealot
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game