Synonyms & Antonyms of prevail (on or upon)
to cause (someone) to agree with a belief or course of action by using arguments or earnest requests
- we prevailed on him to sing in front of all his friends
Synonyms for prevail (on or upon)
Words Related to prevail (on or upon)
Near Antonyms for prevail (on or upon)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game