more than a littleidiom
Definition of more than a little
1 : a lot of : much There was more than a little sadness in his voice.
2 : to a great degree : very He was more than a little surprised by her decision. Her vision of the future was more than a little upsetting.
3 : a lot : much They understand more than a little of what is going on.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game