more than a littleidiom
Definition of more than a little
1 : a lot of : much There was more than a little sadness in his voice.
2 : to a great degree : very He was more than a little surprised by her decision. Her vision of the future was more than a little upsetting.
3 : a lot : much They understand more than a little of what is going on.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game