the little mannoun
Definition of the little man
chiefly US, informal
: an ordinary person who is not wealthy, famous, or powerful —used to refer to such people in general a politician who portrays himself as a friend of the little man
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game