Examples of insure in a Sentence
- He found the language not obscene … but did find it intentionally disruptive, and held that school officials had the right to insure that a high-school assembly proceed in an orderly manner, without hoots and howls and all that snickering. —William Safire, New York Times Magazine, 24 Aug. 1986
- … his sudden fame probably insured a backlash. —Calvin Tomkins, New Yorker, 6 Dec. 1982
- The fact that by supplying his uncle with an amusing mistress he would insure against any awkward second marriage was merely a fortunate coincidence. —Mollie Hardwick, Emma, Lady Hamilton, 1969
We insured our house against fire and flood damage.
I found a company that will insure my car for less than I've been paying.
This policy will insure your car against theft.
She had difficulty finding a company that would insure her.
They take great care to insure the safety and security of their home.
We hope that careful planning will insure success.
Recent Examples of insure from the Web
In only two states — Hawaii and South Carolina — are at least 50 percent of homes in flood hazard areas insured under the program.
The plants under construction are way over budget, nobody wants to finance them, nobody will insure them except the governments themselves.
This means people who are not insured through their employers, partners, or other sources have between November 1 and December 15 to select an insurance plan on their own, either through the insurance marketplaces or private companies.
Trov, also from San Francisco, insures personal possessions for short periods.
Be aware of your hurricane deductible ranging from 2 percent to 10 percent of your home’s insured value.
That translates to 14 million fewer people with Medicaid and 23 million fewer people insured overall.
Trump's executive order comes just as private companies and Americans insured in ACA marketplace plans prepare to enroll before the end of the year for 2018 coverage.
Closure of the season will conserve the game fish supply until water levels are restored and insure continued opportunities for good fishing, according to the agency.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'insure.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Origin and Etymology of insure
First Known Use: 1635See Words from the same year
Synonym Discussion of insure
- the government has ensured the safety of the refugees
- careful planning should insure the success of the party
- I assure you that no harm will be done
- sent reinforcements to secure their position
INSURE Defined for English Language Learners
INSURE Defined for Kids
legal Definition of insure
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up insure? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).