Examples of insure in a Sentence
- He found the language not obscene … but did find it intentionally disruptive, and held that school officials had the right to insure that a high-school assembly proceed in an orderly manner, without hoots and howls and all that snickering. —William Safire, New York Times Magazine, 24 Aug. 1986
- … his sudden fame probably insured a backlash. —Calvin Tomkins, New Yorker, 6 Dec. 1982
- The fact that by supplying his uncle with an amusing mistress he would insure against any awkward second marriage was merely a fortunate coincidence. —Mollie Hardwick, Emma, Lady Hamilton, 1969
We insured our house against fire and flood damage.
I found a company that will insure my car for less than I've been paying.
This policy will insure your car against theft.
She had difficulty finding a company that would insure her.
They take great care to insure the safety and security of their home.
We hope that careful planning will insure success.
Recent Examples of insure from the Web
To assure a valuable experience, all Eyelashr technicians are licensed, insured, and background checked.
With a few sutures, Deschamps-Braly sewed Abby’s eyelids shut, to insure that her eyes remained moist and protected.
The cons, of course, include shipping fees, difficulty insuring the structure, and insulation and weather-proofing.
The Kentucky Employees’ Health Plan is administered by the Personnel Cabinet and insures about 146,000 teachers and public employees plus their family members.
As part of its overall, the flood program is also taking a look at rates to insure fairness.
Although the 29-year-old's strike helped insure that his side would stay within seven points of league leaders Barcelona, the Spanish international was not pleased with everything that went on within the match.
The team was asked to stay late into the evening to insure required paperwork like proof of training and current certifications for CPR were in the files.
The fear of getting into fights, of having their things stolen, of relapsing, persists, and the stress of shelter life often insures that these fears are realized.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'insure.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Origin and Etymology of insure
First Known Use: 1635See Words from the same year
Synonym Discussion of insure
- the government has ensured the safety of the refugees
- careful planning should insure the success of the party
- I assure you that no harm will be done
- sent reinforcements to secure their position
INSURE Defined for English Language Learners
INSURE Defined for Kids
legal Definition of insure
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up insure? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).